Welcome to Ask The Duchess Vol. 14, a monthly Q&A post covering a variety of resort-related topics. Ask The Duchess answers questions submitted by readers. If you have a question you’d like answered, send me a message here!
1. Do the Red Car Trolley performers do meets & greets? (submitted by Janet)
Not traditional ones. They will wave to you as they ride up and down the street, and will occasionally interact with guests during their performances. But they don’t pose for photo ops or meet you 1-on-1.
2. What’s the best place to get an Uber at the resort? (submitted by Mike)
There’s SO much traffic on Harbor Blvd and Disneyland Drive, so pickups on the resort property can be tricky. My advice is to either go to one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel) and request your Uber there, or walk a block or two down Harbor, and go to an off-site hotel. It’ll be much easier for your Uber driver to find you in one of those driveways, versus at a pickup spot off the esplanade or Downtown Disney.
3. I love Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Can I meet them in the park? (submitted by Jacqui)
Most likely! They tend to hang out in Hollywood Land. Double check with a cast member when you visit the park to find out if they’ll be around that day, since their schedules are a little hard to predict. But most of the time, at least one of them meets guests, along with Frozone!
4. How far away are Knotts Berry Farm and Legoland from Disneyland? (submitted by Chad)
Knott’s Berry Farm is VERY close (about 15 min north). Legoland is a little bit of a longer drive, about an hour south (it’s closer to San Diego than Orange County).
5. Where would you say you spend the most time when you’re in the parks? (submitted by Clare)
In terms of lands, I’d say I spend the most time in New Orleans Square and Fantasyland in Disneyland, and Paradise Pier and Cars Land in California Adventure.