Welcome to Ask The Duchess Vol. 26, a monthly Q&A post covering a variety of resort-related topics. Ask The Duchess answers questions submitted by readers. If you have a question you’d like answered, send me a message here!
1. My daughters met Santa in Critter Country this year, and were so excited but the line was really long. For future reference, are there any other places to meet him in the parks? (submitted by Angela)
Yes! You can also find Santa in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
2. Where does the Omnibus stop? (submitted by Eric)
The Omnibus stops in two places on Main Street USA: in front of the railroad station, and to the right of the castle.
3. If Disneyland hits capacity during my visit, will I still be let in with my ticket? (submitted by Kathleen)
No. Hitting capacity means the hitting maximum number of people allowed into the park, for safety reasons. You will have to go into California Adventure or Downtown Disney until guests leave Disneyland and open up space once again.
4. Is there any major attraction that you think isn’t worth the long wait, and I’d be fine skipping? (submitted by Joey)
Alice in Wonderland. Don’t get me wrong – I like this attraction, but it’s just not worth an hour plus wait. If I have to wait that long for a dark ride, I’d rather hop onto Peter Pan.
5. I’ve seen your posts on the Tower of Terror and Pixar Pier, and notice that despite initial frustration, you end up looking for the positive. It made me wonder – is there any Disneyland-related decision that you see no upside, and are just mad about? (submitted by Bob)
Yes. Though I try to find the silver lining even when I’m really upset, I really don’t like the switch from Soarin’ Over California to Soarin’ Around the World. It’s 100% inferior to the previous version, and taking the most famous California themed E-ticket attraction out of the park was just absurd.