Welcome to Ask The Duchess Vol. 19, a monthly Q&A post covering a variety of resort-related topics. Ask The Duchess answers questions submitted by readers. If you have a question you’d like answered, send me a message here!
1. I am a mug collector. Where should I go? (submitted by Susanna)
A lot of gift shops have mugs with different theming, but there are 4 main shops I’d recommend: World of Disney (Downtown Disney), the Emporium (Main Street USA), the China Closet (Main Street USA), and Julius Katz & Sons (Buena Vista Street).
2. We are staying at the convention center Hilton. Is it close enough to walk to the parks? (submitted by Doug)
Yes! Unless you have difficulty walking, it should be fine. The convention center is a few blocks south of the gates, on the same street.
3. Where does the Disneyland Railroad stop? (submitted by Geanie)
The Disneyland Railroad makes four stops:
- Main Street USA
- New Orleans Square – also the stop for Adventureland, Critter Country, and Frontierland
- Toontown – also the stop for Fantasyland
4. Where is the Rancho del Zocalo you talk about so much? You’re intriguing me! (submitted by Jonathan)
Haha! It’s in Frontierland. If you head from the Main Street Hub over the bridge, turn right. Walk past the Shootin’ Exposition, and you’ll see an iron archway and an alleyway. The entrance to the restaurant is down this alleyway on the left. If you just want to sit on the patio, you can access the seating area from an entrance to the left of the arch.
5. Is it true that they are closing Indiana Jones? (submitted by Daniela)
What? No! I don’t know where you heard that, but Disneyland is NOT closing Indiana Jones.