Welcome to Ask The Duchess Vol. 21, a monthly Q&A post covering a variety of resort-related topics. Ask The Duchess answers questions submitted by readers. If you have a question you’d like answered, send me a message here!
1. I am a frequent Disney World visitor but have never been to Disneyland. I have heard that churros are everywhere – which would be amazing, because I think there’s only one place you can get them in Disney World but they’re tiny bites if I remember correctly. Is it true there are churros, and if so, where can I get them? (submitted by Ariana)
You are absolutely right; churros are EVERYWHERE! You’ll find carts in virtually every land, so you’re never far from your next one. The Disneyland App has a food tab that will show you where to find churro carts.
2. I have a double stroller and three kids. Kind of a weird question – but do you have a recommendation for a large bathroom, maybe with family stalls that would be easiest for us to use? (submitted by Ruth Ellen)
The bathroom in A Bug’s Land (the giant tissue box) is probably the largest bathroom I can think of. But most bathrooms at the resort have changing tables and/or larger stalls. If you have really young children, you can also stop by the Baby Care Center on Main Street USA.
3. Do you live close to Disneyland intentionally? I know a lot of Disney bloggers live very close, whether to Disneyland or Disney World. (submitted by Greg)
I used to live in San Diego, which was close (and I miss it so much!), but it was for college, not Disney haha. Currently I live in Northern California, so I wouldn’t describe myself as a local. But I would love to live in SoCal again, for lots of reasons beyond Disneyland.
4. Can I climb into the tower at the top of Sleeping Beauty Castle? (submitted by Alexandra)
Nope. It’s too small to be a real tower. They just trick you using forced perspective!
5. If you could add a ride from Disney World to Disneyland, what would it be? (submitted by Diane)
THE PEOPLEMOVER! But if I had to choose an attraction that has never been in Disneyland, I think I’d pick the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. It would be awesome to give Fantasyland a second coaster. But I don’t know where on earth it would fit, unless they ripped out the platforms by It’s A Small World and opened up some backstage room (if it even exists in that area).