Welcome to Ask The Duchess Vol. 23, a monthly Q&A post covering a variety of resort-related topics. Ask The Duchess answers questions submitted by readers. If you have a question you’d like answered, send me a message here!
1. Do you have any advice on choosing fast pass tickets or going for single rider instead? (submitted by Eleanor)
Yes! Check out my post here.
2. Our family dog is great with people, and I don’t want to leave him in the kennel all day. Can I bring him into the park? (submitted by Jackie)
No. Only specifically trained and vested service animals are permitted in Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney.
3. What’s an area in Disneyland you avoid at all costs? (submitted by Angelina)
Given Disneyland’s small size compared to other Disney parks, it’s pretty challenging to avoid any particular area. That being said, I’m not fond of the walkway between the teacups and King Arthur Carrousel. There are always a TON of strollers and slow-moving families. I avoid crossing that path if I can.
4. How does Disneyland compare to the smaller international parks, like Disneyland Paris or Hong Kong? (submitted by Ray)
I have never been to an international park, so unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to this question!
5. If you could add a third park to Disneyland, what would you want? (submitted by Marina)
I love the idea of the Dark Kingdom. I don’t know whether or not it was ever a real project, but rumor has it Disney World considered a park centered around the villains. It would have featured villain attractions, lairs, and restaurants. I think that sounds AMAZING, especially at Halloween time!